Poet and Writer
I greet the beginning of the page with each soft layer, a song across the stage.
In 2012, Diana won Vermont Life’s Ralph Nadding Hill Award for her poem, “Dreaming of Apples”, with honorarium from Green Mountain Power Corporation. She has read her commentaries on Vermont Public Radio. For several years, she wrote an arts and literary column for the Brattleboro Reformer, interviewing artists and writers, including former Poet Laureate Donald Hall. Her commentaries have also appeared in The Commons Newspaper, Windham County.
With support from Great River Arts Institute and a Vermont Arts Council grant, she studied with Former Vermont Poet Laureate Chard deNoird, Thomas Lux and Former Vermont Poet Laureate Ellen Bryant Voigt in Patzcuaro, Mexico. She has read her work at libraries, bookstores, etc.
Photo by Zachary Stephens
Her poem, “If Margaret Sanger Sang a Song” was set to music by NH composer, Lawrence Siegel and performed by women’s acapella ensemble, Femme M’amie at the Academy of Music, Concord, NH.
She received her BA from Vermont College where she wrote her first published poem, “Black Bear”. She attended Vermont poetry residencies at Vermont Studio Center and the Dorset Colony, the latter supported by a Vermont Arts Council to work on a hospice memoir.
- Shoveling Dirt, Autumn Apples, Vermont Almanac: Stories From & For the Land/Volume II & III
- Good Luck to Us All, Commentary on Kamala Harris, Brattleboro Reformer, Commons Newspaper
- Dreaming of Apples, Vermont Life/Green Mountain Power Co., Ralph Nadding Hill Literary
- Emily Mason’s Instinct for Color: Carborundum Prints,1996-2005. Emily Mason: The Fifth Element, George Brazillier Publications, New York City, New York.
- Apple Harvest Widow, The Warm Comfort of Pie, Living with Turkeys, Apples in the Time of Climate Change, Vermont Public Radio Commentary Series
- Telling us plain: Galway Kinnell says the unsayable in his poetry, Brattleboro Reformer
- Tres Gladiolas Rojas, The Larcom Review
- Black Bear, In Winter I Burn Poems, Compost, Anthology of New England Writers
- Iris Cristata, Buffalo Bones, Journal of Evergreen College, Colorado
- Localvore’s Dilemna, Raising Sheep: Fear and Loathing in Vermont, The Commons Newspaper